Ok so you've heard of energy vampires and you know they exist but did you know that you don’t actually have to spend a lot of time with someone to have your energy zapped?
Every time you walk into a grocery store or travel in a plane, the energetic field surrounding your physical body intermingles with others and you inadvertently pick up negative energy. This is why you need to perform a protection ritual daily. If you have a public role or work with a team of people you are especially susceptible to picking up undesirable detritus which is why attending to your spiritual body as frequently as you attend to your physical body is essential. And remember, you don't have to be in the same room with other people to be on the receiving end of negative energy. Any time you are visible, for example, like on a Zoom call, someone can - if they are so inclined - puncture your etheric body with a negative thought.
Magical rituals like everything else can be wonderfully simple or mysteriously complex. I’ve chosen to list here cost effective and super easy rituals that anyone can do.
- Read the Psalms. If you are Christian or Jewish (or were raised Christian or in the Jewish tradition) read Psalm 23 every day. If you feel you are under attack or are feeling bogged down (heavy feelings, negative thoughts) Psalm 91 is especially powerful. Both of these psalms are psalms of protection.
- Chant mantras. If you are comfortable with Sanskrit mantras (you do not have to be Buddhist or Hindu to chant mantras), I highly recommend the Mangala Charan Mantra. You can listen to Deva Premal sing it here. Sanskrit is considered to be the mother of all languages and is therefore sacred and powerful.
- Daily Prayer. If you weren’t raised in any particular religious tradition and are a seeker, you won’t go wrong calling on Jesus, Archangel Michael or Tara (Green Tara) for help. If you’re more drawn to the feminine representation of the Supreme Being the following goddesses are fierce and loving protectors: Durga, Kuan Yin (She who hears the cries of the world), Tara (as mentioned above), Athena and Brigid.
- A glass of water. Take a glass of water with you to your bedroom every night. This is not for drinking but for the capturing of negative energy. In the morning flush that water down the toilet and rinse your glass out three times.
- Wash your hands. More often than not, we end up poisoning our own wells and blocking success with our negative thoughts. When you become aware that you are indulging negative self-talk, wash your hands in cold water. As the cold water runs over your hands imagine those negative thoughts leaving your body and going down the drain.
- Perform a smoke bath ritual. My incense of choice is dragon's blood which I use on Mars' days (Tuesdays) but you can use bundles of bay leaves or rosemary. Always start your bathing ritual with the intention to cleanse negative energy. Light your herb bundle. Use a clay pot or shell for your bundle. Once you have a good amount of smoke going, use your hand to direct it over your body and draw the smoke around you. Starting from the top, bring the smoke over and around your head, down your torso, all the way to your feet. Remember your arms and hands! Once you have finished your smoke bath take the ashes outside and bury them in the soil. Or,
Take a bath in sea salt. This bath must be separate from a bath in which you clean yourself with soap. In other words, please shower or bathe and clean your body first and then clean your tub thoroughly before preparing your ritual bath which will consist of two things: water and a table spoon of sea salt. Do not use soap. Also Epsom salts do not contain salt so they won’t do. Submerge your entire body in the water and stay in this bath for at least 7 minutes.
If you are experiencing trouble with co-workers, friends, neighbors or family members, you should cleanse your bedroom with incense at least once a week. Use frankincense, myrrh or copal. Move around your bedroom in a clockwise direction and let incense fill each corner of your room and en-suite bathroom if you have one.
MONTHLY or AS REQUIRED
- Sea Water. If you are fortunate enough to live near the ocean, it’s a very good idea to go for a swim or at least submerge your entire body in the sea during high tide (incoming tide). Mop down walls and furniture with sea water (your home will feel noticeably lighter almost immediately).
- Cinnamon bath. Let two cinnamon sticks (or a teaspoon of cinnamon powder) steep in a cup of hot water for at least 5 minutes before adding it to your bath. Follow the same ritual as the above “bath in sea salt”. Cinnamon is commonly used in money-drawing spells but it is also very protective and good at bringing harmony to households.
- Burn Rose incense. Rose incense reduces anger and instills a sense of peace and calm. Bonus points if you burn this incense on Fridays during Venus’ hour (the hour after sunrise and the 8th hour on Fridays). Rose incense is Our Lady’s preferred incense.
- Always burn incense in your house after you have had house guests or visitors.In closing, remember to pray for protection. What is most important during these rituals is your level of sincerity when praying and asking for the removal of negative energy.
May these tips and rituals keep you and your loved ones safe.